The Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre (also known as the Guangzhou East Tower) is a mixed-use skyscraper at 1,739 feet (530 meters) in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. It is the tallest building in Guangzhou.
Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre has 111 floors above ground and 5 floors underground, as well as shopping centers, offices, apartments and hotels. The total construction area of the skyscraper is 5,464,633 square feet (507,681.0 m 2).
Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre is located in Zhujiang New Town, Guangzhou’s Central Business District, along Zhujiang East Road, covering an area of 290,000 square feet (27,000 m 2).
In this community, the skyscraper is located to the east of the central axis, with an underground shopping mall, and is connected to public transportation below it. Guangzhou Chow Tai Fook Center is part of the Guangzhou Twin Towers.
The other 1,439-foot (439 m) tall Guangzhou International Finance Center is located on the other side of the axis and is also known as the “West Tower“. Therefore, Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre is also called “East Tower“. The two towers have similar heights, sizes and functions, and are located near the 1,982 feet (604 m) high Canton Tower.
Guangzhou Chow Tai Fook Financial Center is owned by Chow Tai Fook Enterprise and has the fastest elevator in the world, with a maximum speed of 21 m/s (47 mph).
- On September 12, 2008, Chow Tai Fook Group became the only placard holder in the East Tower bidding field and included the East Tower project at a reserve price of 2860 yuan/square meter.
- In addition to the land price of 1.05 billion yuan, the bidder also has to pay another 500 million yuan for the development and construction of the underground space of Zhujiang New City. In fact, the total transaction price of the East Tower project has reached 1.55 billion yuan, and the floor land cost has reached 4239 yuan/square meter. Meter.
- On September 28, 2009, Guangzhou East Tower officially started.
- On October 28, 2014, Guangzhou East Tower held a topping ceremony, and the record for the tallest building in Guangzhou was officially set to 530 meters. Marks the completion of construction.
- Guangzhou East Tower was delivered to tenants in mid-July 2016.
Guangzhou East Tower is equipped with two highest-speed elevators in the world, with speeds up to 20 meters per second. It only takes 43 seconds for the elevator to go from the 1st floor to the 95th floor.
The night view of the East Tower uses low-energy LED lamps, and the main tower uses bright, three-dimensional and transparent white lights, creating a dynamic effect of stars twinkling in the night sky.
The lighting of the podium matches the appearance of the building and the characteristics of the landscape garden, and white light is also used as the main lighting.
Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre Data
- East Asia
- In use
- Official name
- Other name(s)
- Guangzhou East Tower
- 6 Zhujiang Dong Road, Tianhe District, Guangdong, China
- Chow Tai Fook Enterprises
- Guangzhou Xinyu Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- more than 10 billion yuan (about US$1.5 billion)
- Sep-28, 2009
- Construction end
- Oct-28, 2014
- Jul, 2016
- 1739 ft / 530 m
- 111 (+5 below ground)
- hotel / residential / office / retail
- Floor area
- 5,464,633 sq ft (507,681.0 m2)
View Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.