Beipan River Guanxing Highway Bridge (Chinese:关兴公路北盘江大桥) is located in Beipan River, Guizhou Province, China. It connects Zhenfeng County and Guanling County.
Beipan River Guanxing Highway Bridge is the Beipan River Bridge which completed at the end of 2003. Its original name was Beipan River Bridge, but this name was later replaced by an other Beipan River Bridge–the famous Duge Bridge, Which is the world’s highest bridge. Every time people refer to Beipan River Bridge, people often refer to Duge Bridge, not the Beipan River Bridge on Guanxing Highway.
Beipan River Guanxing Highway Bridge is a two-lane suspension bridge.
Its length is 1,273 ft (388 m), the longest span is 1,273 ft (388 m), and the height from the bridge deck to the river surface is 1594 ft (486 m).
- In March 2001, the Beipan River Guanxing Highway Bridge began construction.
- On December 28, 2003, the bridge was completed and opened to traffic, becoming the first high bridge in China at that time.
The Beipan River Guanxing Highway Bridge has a length of 1,273 ft (388 m) and a longest span of 1,273 ft (388 m). The height from the bridge to the river is 1,594 ft (486 m). The bridge deck width is 36 ft (11 m).
The main girder adopts cable hoisting technology. The hoisting operation of 78 main girders of the whole bridge only took 18 days. In the construction of the suspension bridge in Guizhou, the construction record of the largest hoisting weight and the shortest hoisting time was set.
In view of the construction and transportation conditions and wind resistance requirements, the concrete dumbbell-shaped slab section is selected for the stiffening beam of the suspension bridge.
The dumbbell-shaped slab beam has the following advantages:
- Improve the wind resistance of the bridge;
- It is conducive to the longitudinal transmission of vehicle load and improves the lateral force of the beam near the sling;
- Reduce the longitudinal stress level of the beam that directly bears the vehicle load, avoid the situation that the longitudinal and longitudinal stress of the beam is at a higher level at the same time, thereby improving the force of the beam
Beipan River Guanxing Highway Bridge Data
- East Asia
- In use
- Official name
- Other name(s)
- Beipan River Bridge
- Mar, 2001
- Dec-28, 2003
- Total length
- 1273 ft ( 388 m )
- 36 ft ( 11 m )
- Deck height
- 1594 ft ( 486 m )
- Longest span
- 1273 ft ( 388 m )
- Design type
- Suspension bridge
- Road scale
- 2 lanes
- Beipan River
View Beipan River Guanxing Highway Bridge on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.