Xiazhang Bridge ( Chinese:厦漳大桥 ) is located in the sea area of Xiamen Bay in Xiamen City, Fujian Province, China. It is a cross-sea bridge that crosses the Jiulong River estuary and connects Xiamen City and Zhangzhou City.
The construction of the Xiazhang Bridge started in August 2009. The two sections of the bridge closure project were completed on July 6, 2012, and the whole line was connected. On May 28, 2013, the Xiazhang Bridge was opened to traffic.
The Xiazhang Bridge has a total length of 5.8 mi (9.3 km), a Bridge section length of 5.3 mi (8.6 km), a two-way 6-lane highway, and a design speed of 100 km/h. It cost 5 billion yuan (US $700 million).
- In June 1996, the Xiamen Public Security Bureau of China started the feasibility study of the Xiazhang Sea Crossing Bridge.
- In 2004, the Xia Zhang Bridge was prepared for the preliminary construction work.
- In November 2005, the joint venture of Chongqing Academy of Communications Technology and China Communications First Highway Survey and Design Institute Co., Ltd. launched a feasibility study on the “Xiazhang Bridge Project”.
- On November 17, 2008, the Xia Zhang Bridge held a groundbreaking ceremony.
- On August 5, 2009, the first pile foundation pouring project of Xiazhang Bridge was completed.
- On May 17, 2010, Xiazhang Bridge completed the construction of the pile foundation of the main bridge of the North Branch.
- In August 2011, the Xiazhang Bridge completed the capping of the towers of the South Branch Bridge; in November, the Xiazhang Bridge completed the capping of the North Branch Bridge, and the overall capping of the north and south main towers was completed.
- On April 5, 2012, the Xiazhang Bridge completed the assembly project of the precast beams of the south approach bridge; on June 18, the Xiazhang Bridge completed the closure of the main bridge of the south branch; on July 6, the Xiazhang Bridge completed the closure of the main bridge of the north branch. Throughout the whole line. On October 3, the bridge deck joint joint project of Xia Zhang Bridge was welded.
- On May 28, 2013, the Xia Zhang Bridge was opened to traffic.
Building design parameters
The Xiazhang Bridge has two main channel bridges: the South Main Channel Bridge and the North Main Channel Bridge. There is a toll service station on Haimen Island between the two channel bridges. Other major buildings also include a Haiping overpass, north-south approach bridge and ramp overpass.
The total length of the Xiazhang Bridge is 5.8 mi (9.3 km), the Bridge section length is 5.3 mi (8.6 km), the total width of the bridge is 108 ft (33 m), and the width of a single road is 52 ft (16 m). The north main channel bridge is adopted (95+230+780+230+95) m span layout, the tower height is 745 ft (227 m), the south main channel bridge adopts (135+300+135) m span layout, the tower height is 449 ft (137 m) m ).
The bridge reduces travel time across the bay from 2 hours to 30 minutes.
- Design speed: 100 km/h.
- Lane setting: 6 lanes in both directions.
- Earthquake resistance level: the lowest earthquake resistance design is magnitude 7 earthquake, and the highest is magnitude 8 earthquake.
Xiazhang Bridge Data
- East Asia
- In use
- Official name
- Other name
- Xiazhang Cross-sea Bridge, Xiamen Zhangzhou Bridge
- Between Xiamen and Zhangzhou, Fujian, China
- Maintained by
- Fujian Xia Zhang Bridge Co., Ltd.
- 5 billion yuan (US $700 million )
- Nov-17, 2008
- Construction end
- Jul-06, 2012
- May-28, 2013
- Total length
- 5.8 mi ( 9.3 km )
- 745 ft ( 227 m )
- Bridge section length
- 5.3 mi ( 8.6 km )
- 108 ft ( 33 m )
- Deck height
- 174 ft ( 53 m )
- Longest span
- 2559 ft ( 780 m )
- Design type
- Design speed
- 100 km / h
- Road scale
- 6 lanes
- Xiamen Bay / Jiulong River estuary
View Xiazhang Bridge on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.
View Xiazhang Bridge on 720yun
720yun is a panoramic image service provider, where you can see the panoramic image of the Engineering Building, let you know more about the Engineering Building.