The Quanzhou Bay Bridge (Chinese:泉州湾大桥) is located in Quanzhou, Fujian Province, China, on the Quanzhou Bay.
Quanzhou Bay Bridge started construction on December 31, 2009; the closure project was completed on June 30, 2014; and it opened to traffic on May 12, 2015.
The Bridge connects Shishi City and Hui’an County. The total length of the bridge is 16.6 mi (26.7 km ), the Bridge section length is 12.6 mi (20.3 km ), and the Length over water is 7.7 mi (12.5 km ).
The main bridge deck on the sea is a two-way eight-lane highway with a design speed of 100 kilometers per hour.
It total cost 6.9 billion yuan (US $1 billion ). Design life is 100 years.
- On December 31, 2009, the foundation stone laying ceremony of Quanzhou Bay Bridge was held.
- On January 10, 2012, the main construction of the Quanzhou Bay Bridge started.
- On July 12, 2012, the steel sheathing box installation project was completed on the south bank of Quanzhou Bay Bridge.
- On August 10, 2012, the main bridge of Quanzhou Bay Bridge was sealed with anti-collision steel box.
- On December 6, 2012, Quanzhou Bay Bridge completed the construction of the main bridge platform.
- On November 30, 2013, the main bridge tower of Quanzhou Bay Bridge was topped off.
- On June 30, 2014, Quanzhou Bay Bridge completed the closure project.
- On May 12, 2015, Quanzhou Bay Bridge opened to traffic.
Quanzhou Bay Bridge Total length is 16.6 mi (26.7 km ), Bridge section length is 12.6 mi (20.3 km ), and Length over water is 7.7 mi (12.5 km ).
The main bridge adopts (70+130+400+130+70) meter span layout. The width of the subgrade is 33.5 meters, the total width of the two beams is 54.55 meters, and the net distance between the two main beams is 6.25 meters.
The height of the pylon is 155.1 meters. The full bridge uses 288 stay cables.
Quanzhou Bay Bridge Data
- East Asia
- In use
- Official name
- Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
- Quanzhou Bay Cross-sea Bridge Co., Ltd.
- 6.9 billion yuan ( US $1 billion )
- Design life
- Dec-31, 2009
- Construction end
- Jun-30, 2014
- May-12, 2015
- Total length
- 16.6 mi ( 26.7 km )
- Bridge section length
- 7.7 mi ( 12.5 km )
- 12.6 mi ( 20.3 km )
- 135 ft (41 m )
- Deck height
- 146 ft (44.6 m )
- Longest span
- 1312 ft (400 m )
- Design type
- Cable-stayed bridge
- 2.8 yuan ( US $0.3 ) / km
- Design speed
- 100 km / h
- Road scale
- 8 lanes
- Quanzhou Bay
View Quanzhou Bay Bridge on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.