Chishi Bridge (Chinese:赤石大桥)is located in Chishi Township, Yizhang County, Chenzhou City, Hunan Province, China. It is an important part of the Hunan Section of Xiamen-Chengdu Expressway (China Highway G76).
The Chishi Bridge started construction on March 28, 2010; the main bridge closure project was completed on June 3, 2016, and the bridge was fully connected; it opened to traffic on October 28, 2016.
The bridge is 7,457 ft (2,273 m), the main bridge is 4,823 ft (1,470 m) long, and the bridge body (tower) is 940 ft (286.6 m) tall. The bridge deck is a two-way 4-lane highway with a design speed of 80 km/h. It total cost 1.3 billion yuan (US $230 million ).
- In May 2008, Hunan Jiaotong Institute started the design of Chishi Bridge.
- On March 28, 2010, the Chishi Bridge began construction.
- On October 29, 2013, the bridge completed the capping of the four main towers.
- On June 22, 2014, the bridge deck concrete pouring and docking project was carried out. On October 29, a fire accident occurred at the top of the 6th pier of the bridge, causing 9 cable stays to break, and the bridge was suspended for repair.
- On November 5, 2015, the bridge underwent a cable replacement project; on November 10, the bridge resumed construction and continued construction.
- On June 3, 2016, the bridge completed the main bridge closure project, and the bridge was fully connected; on October 28, the Chishi Bridge was opened to traffic.
The total length of the Chishi Bridge is 7,457 ft (2,273 m), the main bridge is 4,823 ft (1,470 m), and the span layout is (165+3×380+165) m, and the bridge deck width is 92 ft (28 m).
The bridge body (tower) is 940 ft (286.6 m) tall, and the Deck height is 597 ft (182 m ).
The heights of No. 5 to No. 8 pylons are 266.63m, 285.63m, 293.13m, and 277.63m respectively.
The distance between the two cable planes of the stay cables is 26.16m in the transverse direction. Each pylon is equipped with 23 pairs of stay cables. The bridge has a total of 184 pairs and the standard strength is 1860 MPa.
It total cost 1.3 billion yuan (US $230 million ).
Chishi Bridge Data
- East Asia
- In use
- Official name
- Chishi Township, Yizhang County, Chenzhou City, Hunan, China
- Chenzhou City Transportation Bureau
- 1.3 billion yuan (US $230 million )
- Mar-28, 2010
- Construction end
- Jun-03, 2016
- Oct-28, 2016
- Total Duration
- Total length
- 7457 ft ( 2273 m )
- 940 ft ( 286.6 m )
- 92 ft ( 28 m )
- Deck height
- 597 ft ( 182 m )
- Longest span
- 1247 ft ( 380 m )
- Design type
- Cable-stayed bridge
- 20 yuan (USD$ 3)
- Design speed
- 80 km / h
- Road scale
- 4 lanes
- Qingtou River
View Chishi Bridge on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.