Jiashao Bridge ( Chinese:嘉绍大桥 ) is located in the Qiantang River estuary near Jiaxing City, Zhejiang Province, China. It is a cross-sea bridge in Hangzhou Bay that connects Haining City and Shaoxing City.
Construction of the Jiashao Bridge started on December 14, 2008. The bridge closure project was completed on February 3, 2013 and opened to traffic on July 19, 2013.
The total length of the Jiashao Bridge is 6.3 mi (10.1 km), the deck is a two-way 8-lane highway with a design speed of 100 km/h, it cost 6.3 billion yuan (US $1 billion).
- In 1993, the Shaoxing Municipal Government of China proposed to build the Jiashao Bridge.
- In June 2000, the 37th Executive Meeting of the Zhejiang Provincial Government of China agreed to build the Jiashao Bridge.
- In November 2005, the National Development and Reform Commission of China approved the plan to build the Jiashao Bridge.
- In December 2007, the National Development and Reform Commission of China passed the feasibility study report for the construction of Jiashao Bridge.
- In October 2008, the former Ministry of Communications of China passed the preliminary design of Jiashao Bridge.
- On December 14, 2008, Jiashao Bridge held a groundbreaking ceremony on the south bank of the bridge site, and construction officially began.
- On July 30, 2009, the trestle project of Jiashao Bridge was completed.
- On February 17, 2010, the construction of the bored piles for the main channel of the Jiashao Bridge was completed; on October 20, the approach bridge closure project in the south bank area was completed; on December 28, the approach bridge closure project in the north bank area was completed.
- On February 23, 2012, the construction of the six main towers of the Jiashao Bridge was completed; on August 1, the approach bridge closure project in the south bank water area was completed; on December 3, the north bank approach bridge closure project was completed.
- On February 3, 2013, the last two pieces of steel box girders were hoisted, and the Jiashao Bridge was completed; on July 6, the Jiaxing-Shaoxing highway passage project passed the acceptance.
- On July 18, 2013, the Jiashao Bridge was opened to traffic; on July 19, the Jiashao Bridge was officially opened to traffic.
Bridge technical parameters
The total length of the Jiashao Bridge is 6.3 mi (10.1 km ), the main bridge is a cable-stayed steel box girder bridge with a length of 1.4 mi (2.2 km ); the north sub-channel bridge adopts a span arrangement of (70+2×120+70) m .
The main channel bridge of Jiashao Bridge has 6 pylons, which makes the length of the main channel bridge up to 1.4 mi (2.2 km) and 5 main navigation holes. The number of pylons and the length of the main channel bridge are among the best in the world.
The bridge adopts the two-way 8-lane highway standard. The total width of the main bridge is 182 ft (55.6 m) (including the cable zone), and the bridge deck road width is 133 ft (40.5 m) (excluding the cable zone). Design speed: 100 km/h, design life of 100 years, and can withstand magnitude 6 earthquakes.
The Jiashao Bridge used a total of 975,498 cubic meters of concrete, 114,308 tons of steel, 130,902 tons of steel, 1,6893.1 tons of steel strands, and 3698.5 tons of parallel steel wires.
Jiashao Bridge Data
- East Asia
- In use
- Official name
- Other name
- Jiaxing-Shaoxing Sea Bridge
- Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China
- Zhejiang Jiashao Bridge Investment and Development Company
- China Railway Baoji Bridge Group
- Maintained by
- Jiashao Bridge Administration
- 6.3 billion yuan (US $1 billion)
- Design life
- Dec-14, 2008
- Construction end
- Feb-03, 2013
- Jul-19, 2013
- Total length
- 6.3 mi ( 10.1 km )
- 745 ft ( 227 m )
- 133 ft ( 40.5 m )
- Longest span
- 1404 ft ( 428 m )
- Design type
- Cable-stayed bridge
- 25 yuan（US $3.5）
- Design speed
- 100 km / h
- Road scale
- 8 lanes
- Qiantang River
View Jiashao Bridge on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.
View Jiashao Bridge on 720yun
720yun is a panoramic image service provider, where you can see the panoramic image of the Engineering Building, let you know more about the Engineering Building.