The Qingshui River Bridge (Chinese:清水河大桥) is located on the Qingshui River between Kaiyang County and Weng’an County, Guizhou, China.
It is a steel truss suspension bridge with a length of 7,126 ft (2,172 m) and a main span of 3,707 ft (1,130 m).
The construction period of the bridge was 2 years. Construction began in July 2013 and officially opened on December 31, 2015.
It total cost 1.54 billion yuan (US $240 million ).
- In July 2013, the construction of Qingshuihe Bridge officially began.
- On December 25, 2014, the pier construction of Qingshui River Bridge was completed.
- On June 25, 2015, the steel truss girder of the first section of Qingshuihe Bridge was successfully hoisted.
- On November 29, 2015, workers were laying bridge deck asphalt and the construction was completed.
- On December 31, 2015, the Qingshui River Bridge opened and began operations.
The Qingshui River Bridge has a total length of 7,126 ft (2,172 m) and a main span of 3,707 ft (1,130 m). Deck height is 1,332 ft (406 m), and the bridge body (tower) is tall 774 ft (236 m). The bridge is part of a two-way 4-lane highway, and it has a total cost of 1.54 billion yuan (US $240 million).
The Qingshui River Bridge uses about 60,000 tons of steel and 330,000 m3 of concrete.
The bridge slab-truss combination has a total of 75 sections with a length, width and height of 15m×27m×7m, and a weight of 180 tons.
The foundations of the pylons on both banks are 18 pile foundations with a diameter of 3.5 meters, and the anchorages on both banks are gravity anchors.
The pylon is a reinforced concrete frame structure. The height of the pylon on the Kaiyang bank is 230 meters, and the height of the two pylons on the Weng’an bank is 236 meters and 220 meters respectively.
There are two main bridge cables, each weighing more than 5,000 tons and more than 1,900 meters long. Each main cable is composed of 179 reference cables, and each reference cable is composed of 91 steel wires. Each reference cable weighs 30 tons.
Qingshui River Bridge Data
- East Asia
- In use
- Official name
- Qingshui River between Kaiyang County and Weng’an County, Guizhou, China
- CCCC Second Highway Engineering Bureau
- 1.54 billion yuan (US $240 million )
- Jul, 2013
- Dec-31, 2015
- Total Duration
- Total length
- 7126 ft ( 2172 m )
- 774 ft ( 236 m )
- Deck height
- 1332 ft ( 406 m )
- Longest span
- 3707 ft ( 1130 m )
- Design type
- Steel truss suspension cable
- Road scale
- 4 lanes
- Qingshui River
View Qingshui River Bridge on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.
View Qingshui River Bridge on 720yun
720yun is a panoramic image service provider, where you can see the panoramic image of the Engineering Building, let you know more about the Engineering Building.