Merdeka PNB118 is a super skyscraper located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is expected to be completed in 2021.
Merdeka means Malaysia Independence Day. The name of the tower is to commemorate the independence of Malaysia. In addition, the tower will be built on the site of the original Merdeka Park.
PNB is the abbreviation of Permodalan Nasional Berhad. It is the largest fund management company in Malaysia and the owner of the building.
This building has 118 floors because it is located in Kuala Lumpur. It was formerly known as KL 118, and some other names that have been used are Menara Warisan Merdeka (representing English heritage) and PNB headquarters, because it will become the new building PNB Group headquarters.
The construction of the Merdeka PNB 118 tower is estimated to cost 5 billion ringgit, or about 1.17 billion US dollars.
- Construction of Merdeka PNB118 began in 2014.
- By December 2014, more than half of the basic work had been completed.
- The piling work was completed in September 2016, and the ground construction started soon.
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) selected the local company UEM Group and South Korea’s Samsung C&T as the main contractors for the ground construction of the tower.
- In September 2016, the developer PNB Merdeka Ventures stated that the project is proceeding as planned within the budget, proceeding as planned, and is expected to be completed before 2020.
- As of mid-March 2019, the core of the tower has reached 50 floors, and the entire floor has exceeded 40 floors.
- On January 21, 2020, the concrete core of the tower reached 100 floors, located at an altitude of 473 meters or 418 meters from the street.
The building height of Merdeka PNB 118 is approximately 656 meters (2152 feet), which is the distance from the ground to the spire, and the true height is not announced until the tower is completed.
The top of the canopy will be 570 meters above average sea level, and the height of the tower is 55 meters, so without the minaret, the tower is 515 meters above the ground. The roof will be 555 meters above average sea level, or 500 meters above the ground. The highest occupied ground is 485 meters above the ground.
The top of Merdeka PNB 118 will be about 150 meters long.
The total floor area of Merdeka PNB 118 will be 292,000 square meters or 3,143,062 square feet.
If the tower is completed before 2021 as expected, it will surpass the famous Petronas Twin Towers and The Exchange 106 to become the tallest building in Malaysia and the second tallest building in the world.
Merdeka PNB118 is a comprehensive commercial building with offices, hotels, residential, retail, observatory and other uses.
The KL 118 tower will have 118 floors. The podium floor will be occupied by retail stores or shopping malls. The 80 floors above it will be used as office space, of which the 80 floors of 60 floors will be reserved as Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB) The headquarters of the building, the owner and developer of the building, is also the name of the building.
The higher floors will contain 12-story hotel rooms and 5-story hotel residences. The hotel will be operated by Park Hyatt.
There will be a restaurant on the 113th floor, and the 114th to 117th floors will be occupied by a multi-story observation deck, which will be one of the highest in the world. The top floor (the 118th floor) will be reserved for VIP lounges.
The parking lot in the basement can accommodate up to 5,000 cars.
Merdeka PNB118 Data
- Southeast Asia
- Under Construction
- Official name
- PNB 118
- Other name(s)
- Warisan Merdeka Tower
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- PNB Merdeka Ventures Sdn Bhd
- RM 5 billion (US $1.17 billion )
- 2113 ft / 644 m
- 118 (+5 below ground)
- Core: Reinforced Concrete Columns: Concrete Encased Steel Floor Spanning: Steel
- Kuala Lumpur
- serviced apartments / hotel / office
- Floor area
- 292,000 m2 (3,140,000 sq ft)
View Merdeka PNB118 on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.