Jin’an Bridge (Chinese:金安大桥) is also called Jin’an Jinsha River Bridge (Chinese:金安金沙江大桥) because it is located on the Jinsha River in Lijiang, Yunnan, China.
It is currently the world’s largest mountain suspension bridge with Longest span reaching 4,547 ft (1,386 m). The bridge has a total length of 5,515 ft (1,681 m) and a deck height of 1,512 ft (461 m).
It shortens the travel time from Lijiang Old Town to Panzhihua from 6 hours to 2 hours.
- April 2017: Construction officially started.
- December 25, 2017: Pile foundation construction of Jinan Jinsha River Bridge.
- July 1, 2018: Jinan Jinsha River Bridge entered the tower column construction work.
- October 18, 2018: The top of the 748-foot (228 m) main tower was completed, and the bridge tower was poured on October 31.
- July 31, 2019: The main cable erection of Jinan Jinsha River Bridge was completed.
- October 18, 2019: The steel truss girder of the bridge began to be hoisted.
- On January 15, 2020, the Ji’an Bridge was successfully connected, and the main structure of the bridge was completed.
- On March 22, 2020, the installation of the bridge deck was completed.
- April 8, 2020: The construction personnel carry out the main cable winding operation.
- December 31, 2020: The Jinan Jinsha River Bridge’s opening ceremony was held, and the bridge was officially opened to traffic.
The total length of Jin’an Bridge is 5,515 ft (1,681 m), and the Longest span reaches 4,547 ft (1,386 m). Deck height is 1,512 ft (461 m), The bridge body (tower) is tall 748 ft (228 m). The bridge deck width is 89 ft (27 m).
The main span of the bridge is 4,547 ft (1,386 m). It is a single-span double-hinged plate-truss combined steel truss girder structure with a vertical height difference of 335 meters between the bridge deck and the valley floor.
Jin’an Bridge uses the world’s largest span cable crane for construction. This cable crane has a span of 1386m and a crane weighs 22 tons. It can be operated remotely and intelligently.
The bridge is equipped with two main cables, a single main cable is composed of 169 prefabricated parallel steel wire strands, each strand is about 2045 meters long.
After the bridge is completed, the maximum cable force of the main cable will reach more than 60,000 tons. The main cable erection adopts a set of two-wire reciprocating traction system to complete the cable strand traction.
The bridge is composed of 128 pieces of steel truss girder. The single piece of steel truss girder weighs 216 tons, all manufactured by Zhenhua Heavy Industries.
The role of Jinan Bridge
After the Jinan Jinsha River Bridge is completed and opened to traffic, the travel time from Lijiang, Yunnan, China to Panzhihua, Sichuan, China will be shortened from the original 6 hours to 2 hours.
The bridge has improved the lives of local people and stimulated economic development.
Jin’an Bridge Data
- East Asia
- In use
- Official name
- Other name
- Jin’an Jinsha River Bridge
- Jinsha River, Lijiang, Yunnan, China
- China Communications Group Second Highway Engineering Bureau
- Apr, 2017
- Construction end
- Jan-15, 2020
- Dec-31, 2020
- Total Duration
- Total length
- 5515 ft ( 1681 m )
- Tall (tower)
- 748 ft ( 228 m )
- 89 ft ( 27 m )
- Deck height
- 1512 ft ( 461 m )
- Longest span
- 4547 ft ( 1386 m )
- Design type
- Beam suspension bridge
- Design speed
- 80 km / h
- Road scale
- 4 lanes
- Jinsha River